This is a very early Ibanez 2617.
- Ibanez Script Logo headstock (later versions had the Block Logo).
- Ibanez Super 70 ‘Embossed Logo’ pickups (later versions had the Super80 Flying Fingers).
- Normal tailpiece (later versions had the Cloud Tailpiece).
- Stepped Neck (later versions had the Smooth Neck).
- Rosewood Fretboard (later versions had an ebony Fretboard).
Original factory condition:
Year of manufacture:
3 piece Hard Laminated Maple
Rosewood with Fancy mother of pearl inlays
Number of frets:
Solid carved Ash with Ash top
2 Super 70 Logo Embossed
Speed Knob / Barrel
03/03/2020 at 14:06
Leo: Very nice specimen! It’s great to be able to see all the beautiful features that the early versions had. Love that rosewood fretboard.
03/03/2020 at 22:04
Great guitar! I’ve got 2617 from December 1976 that’s already got the cloud and Super 80.
I will add it to this site soon.